Davyria Ungraved – Heroes of Eternity
Little Dark Souls in 2D for the Week-end
After my last review of a Very Good independent RPG called Paper Sorcerer, i continued my stroll on Steam and Gog looking for a game that might suit my Action Rpg needs 😉 And then i found Davyria… I have read that the Dev have worked 2 years on this game, and that he tried to reach the Dark Soul community for a better marketing…
There are 2 things i want to say about that…
- 2 years to create a game that short ? I find it hard to believe… only in your spare time then.
- I don’t think you’re going to attract many dark souls players with Davyria…
When you open your inventory ingame, you can see a lot of slots ! But in fact by the end of the game you’ll find only around a dozen of weapons, 6 armors and 4 shields lol… Next time please create a smaller inventory. No need to create a big one, when you know there are not enough items to fill it.
You can’t use the items you find on the BOSS… it’s only about LORE… And it doesn’t really give you the envy to read it. You can also sell them for thousands of gold, which were useless before the last update 1.2… and even with this update you don’t need that much money. All the best items are found in chests anyway…
In fact this game is too short for all the ideas you wanted to put in.
How long is this game ?
It’s very short ! It took me 12 hours to finish it, and you can count in 2 hours lost to 1 or 2 Boss. And no… The Last Boss is not the hardest, but it’s the longest to take down. Just a matter of taking your time.
Is the Story interesting ? Solid Plot and Background ?
Well there were good ideas… Problem is the game is far too short to develop them !
How Pro is Voice Acting ?
There’s no Voice acting.
Is there a Maximum Level you can reach ?
No… When i completed the game i was level 38, and i was clearly powerful enough to kill the last Boss. I did grind a little though… I think that without grinding i would have been only level 34 by the end of the game. Then of course i don’t know if i would have survived until the end without grinding lol !
Is Davyria Ungraved challenging ?
For the 1st half of the game… you’re going to Literally CURSE Sebastian Groll ! Because your character movements are fucking sluggish ! Don’t think your Dark Soul experience will help you with the dodge… In Dark Soul the dodge is kinda instantaneous when you’re light encumbered. In Davyria… Even when you’re nude the dodge is sluggish -_-
Then as for the difficulty… 1st half of the game is FUCKING Hard, and then it gets easier.
Are the enemies respawning ?
Yeah like in Dark Souls, everytime you’re resting at a checkpoint all the mobs are back.
How important are the skills ?
Let’s be honest with Davyria… It’s taking some elements of the Dark Souls series, but it lacks all the features that players like when customizing their Build. In Davyria it’s really basic !
- Vitality for hit points and healing efficiency
- Strength for damage and reducing encumbrance (most important skill)
- Condition for your Stamina Bar
- Agility for Movement Speed (Also important as in 2D, your speed will save you !)
Apart from that… No Spells… Only one kind of Attack, No Special powers…
Also The famous Estusk Flask have been replaced by some Eternal Stones, and these can only be used 3 times. But you can find PLENTY of FOOD, and these have kinda the same healing powers than your stones. You can FARM Food on many mobs while grinding for experience… You can also buy it though the stocks of the 2 traders selling it are limited.
Is there a major bug in Davyria Ungraved ?
There are a few bugs… but nothing serious.
- 2 Boss can become bugged and stop their attacks. (they become useless 😉 )
- After 2 Boss fights… You gain 175XP out of the blue while hearing a sound of Glass Breaking 😀
Oh yes i forgot one thing clearly Annoying !
- I don’t know when it has been implemented, but the Health Bar is a HUGE pool of Blood at the bottom left of your screen… And the color of this Red Blood is clearly TOO MUCH Transparent ! That means if you have some sun coming in by your window, YOU Can’t figure out if you’re close to death or in good health ! VERY ANNOYING during boss battles and even everywhere else ! In fact you must play in a DARK Room…
Is there a trick to know in Davyria Ungraved ?
Some early EASY monsters are worth as much experience as some late HARDER mobs…
That means if you want to grind, stay where it’s the easiest 😉 That means near the Blacksmith.
Tips : In the latest update, the dev have added some prayers to make the game easier. You must pay 100 Gold for each prayers and these are cumulative… So you can literally play with 3 to 5 Prayers on you. Frankly you have so much money by the end of the game, that if you want you can use these prayers from A to Z, making the game clearly easier. Then… as i wanted a real challenge, i only used them for 1 optional fight at the beginning (a fucking flying knight guarding one of these Prayers) and for the last Boss of the game… Because i wanted to complete the game fast lol.
But between you and me… You don’t need prayers for the last battle, it only helped me to make it quicker.
So… is it worth buying or downloading ?
Personally i didn’t pay for it… (here is the link to steam though)
The game is 9€… offers only 12 hours of gameplay at most, when Paper Sorcerer which is sold for only 5€ offered me more than 30 hours ! Ok that’s not at all the same kind of game, but Paper Sorcerer had a Full Soundtrack, an Interesting Plot and offered so much more than what Davyria has to offer that…
No for me this game is not worth 9€ at all !
The difficulty i played on : It’s like Dark Souls there’s none
How long is this game : At most 12 hours… But you can finish it faster.
Would i recommend it to a friend ? : Certainly NOT… Sorry !
- Davyria Ungraved 1.2 – Heroes of Eternity 2D Dark Souls - August 6, 2017
- Abandonner son Chien ? La Vie ne peut pas se Prévoir ! - August 5, 2017
- Partie 5 – Comment Parler en Public et bien Négocier ? - August 4, 2017
- Comment Détruire la Vie des Innocents sur Facebook ? - August 3, 2017
- Partie 4 – Travail en Equipe, Gérer Tensions et Conflits - August 3, 2017
- Meetic Affinity – Cas Sociaux et Sites de Rencontres - August 2, 2017
- Partie 3 – Clients, Interactions Sociales et Marketing - August 1, 2017
At Loadmyblog You can Save 10% Money !
10% Money Back via Paypal on Top Quality Supplements and Cosmetics.
We are the only website to offer you such a Discount ! The only place to make You Win 10% Cash when others are selling you the same products for the high price. So Please Click Here to check out our list of products.